Northern Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern Stars

Official forum for the Xbox 360 EASHL team Northern Stars.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NHL info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Floorbandy king

Floorbandy king

NHL info Empty
PostSubject: NHL info   NHL info EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm

A lot of new stuff about the game have been realeased, but I'll only make a "short" list of what I think is interesting. Some of the things you might already know since a while ago.

- The new physics engine. Everything will look more realistic hopefully, since it's physics based and not animation based.

- Broken sticks. You will be able to play without a stick and you can get a stick from a team mate.
According to EA sticks can break when you taking a shot, blocking shots, dropped from hits, getting slashed and getting stick lifted.
All this will be in the EASHL too.

- The new face off system which allows you as a player to for example tie up guy at and let a winger come and take the puck, tie up a guys stick and kick the puck back to a Dman, deke directly from the face off and the last thing you can do is shoot the puck.

- New dekes: 2 of the new dekes are the toe drag and the ability to jump over a guy who is lying on the ice.

- Disallowed goals and goal reviews. Goals can be waved off for high stick or if the puck hits the skate of a players and then go in to the net.

- User celebrations. A spotlight will appear on your player after scoring a goal.

- Hustle buttom. This allows your players to skate fasters for a short while, but as EA is saying "this is not like speed burst"
When you tap on the left stick while skating your player will increase the acceleration and increase the speed a little bit too. One tap gives your player a small burst, taping 2 times gives your players even more burst. After taping 3 times is your player skating at his top speed. So this means that taping a 4th time will not give you any more burst.

- Injuries and fatigue will be in EASHL and OTP. Your player will get tired of using the hustle buttom.
Injuries will only be for a short moment. According to EA will a player be injured less than a half period.

Last edited by Floorbandy king on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I spell like sh*t)
Back to top Go down
Floorbandy king

Floorbandy king

NHL info Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL info   NHL info EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Other new things to the game are:

- Different face-off formations that you can select between before the face-off. (I hope this include EASHL)

- You can start a fight from the face-off.

- You are going to get a penalty if you interfere a guy at the face-off

- The presentation looks amazing :)

- The puck will leave the blade of your stick when you release the passing buttom. The longer you press down RT, the stronger the pass will get. (I hate this idea)
Back to top Go down
#10 Pavel Bure
Admin
#10 Pavel Bure

NHL info Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL info   NHL info EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:19 am

It's gonna be fucking amazing. Can't wait for the demo. cheers
Back to top Go down
Floorbandy king

Floorbandy king

NHL info Empty
PostSubject: Re: NHL info   NHL info EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:23 pm